We LOVE the intricacy and detail of this piece. That's why it was chosen for our Free Pattern Friday on Social Media. We recommend a light fingering weight yarn for this project.
“Kadri” was knit top-down. The shaping of the yoke was done by four increasing rounds on the upper half of the yoke. After, the difference in the gauges of the plain Stockinette, 2-color,
& 3-color section was accounted for by additional increasing rounds.
Stitches were separated for sleeves at bottom of the yoke & additional stitches were cast on for the underarms. While switching from color work to plain Stockinette, the difference in gauges was accounted for by one decreasing round. The body was knitted with about 2” negative ease for a fitted look. All borders in garter st.
This written pattern assumes that you know the basics of German short rows & stranded color work knitting. It is a template for you to modify according to your measurements & design preferences, using your gauge.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate/Advanced.
Sample size XS shown stretches to fit 32” chests, 26” waists, & 36” hips.
The finished project in size XS weighed about 150 g (with loose ends clipped & not including gauge swatches) & needed about 1 ball of each yarn listed below. Please estimate how much yarn is needed for your size accordingly. When in doubt, always get an extra ball.
Materials, Tools, & Notions:
• Main Color (MC): Lion Brand Yarns Amazing Lace in Mesh Sage #132 – 5.3 oz/150 g & 1017 yds/930 m.
• Color One (C1): Lion Brand Yarns Amazing Lace in Turquoise Shell #148 – 5.3 oz/150 g & 1017
• Color Two (C2): Lion Brand Yarns Amazing Lace in Chevron Red #113 – 5.3 oz/150 g & 1017 yds/930 m.
• 29” & 16” Circular needles in size US 2 or 2.75 mm.
• Optional: Double pointed needles in size US 2 or 2.75 mm.
• Stitch Markers, Waste Yarn or Stitch Holder, Tape Measure, Yarn needle, & Scissor